A Guide to Transferring to LMU
Important Deadlines for Transfer Applicants
October 1: Regular Decision admission for Spring
November 1: Early Priority admission for Fall
March 15: Regular Decision admission for Fall
- Admission Requirements
- Course Recommendations for Competitive Programs
- Transferability of Units
- Additional Requirements for International Transfer
Minimum Cumulative GPA requirement for all majors: 3.00 GPA
*Average incoming GPA of transfer students: 3.44 GPA
- There is no unit minimum amount necessary to be eligible to apply
- We recommend students complete at least 12 units per semester in transferable coursework to be eligible for admission. This is to ensure that transfer students are prepared for the academic transition to a full academic course load if admitted.
- In transfer admission, we advise by major. This means that once a student has selected a specific program to apply to, our course recommendations are based on that specific major, as well as the LMU Core Curriculum.
- Please find the recommended courses for all majors under Course Recommendations for All Programs
Students interested in applying to the College of Business Administration:
- Must complete Business Calculus or Calculus 1 in class with a B grade or higher to be considered for admission. This is a mandatory requirement. If you are unable to meet this requirement, you will be asked to change your major.
College of Business Administration All Majors Business Calculus or Calculus 1 completed with B grade or higher (required) Business Law Financial/Managerial Accounting Microeconomics Macroeconomics General Psychology Statistics Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts Psychology General Psychology Statistics Human Anatomy and Physiology Research Methods Economics Statistics Calculus 1 Microeconomics Macroeconomics College of Communications and Fine Arts Communications Small Group/Interpersonal Discussion Speech/Public Speaking Communication Studies Argumentation and Debate Frank R. Seaver College of Science and Engineering All Majors Calculus for Life Sciences/Calculus 1 General Chemistry 1 General Chemistry 2 Physics General Biology
Course Recommendations for all Progams
To get a sense of what will transfer, feel free to use our Transfer Agreements. There are a group of institutions that have agreements with LMU concerning transferability of courses. There are two types of agreements for these schools; a full bulletin-to-bulletin comparison, as well as the LMU Core agreements.
- A transfer course will appear in the list of courses paired with its direct LMU equivalent.
- A transfer course with no direct LMU equivalent will pair with an LMU course ending in -XX or -XXX. These courses may be used to fulfill degree and major requirements, so be sure to consult with your Academic Advisor and/or Dean's Office.
- If the transfer course does not meet a specific requirement as assigned by the Dean, it may be used as elective credit toward the required unit total.
Please note official Transfer Course Evaluations are not completed until students are admitted to LMU.
English Proficiency Requirements:
1) Complete English Composition at a United States college or university in class with a minimum grade of C or better
2) Proficiency Exams:
a. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) 213 on the computer-based TOEFL, or 80 on the internet- based TOEFL
b. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum standard score is 6.5
c. Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) minimum standard score is 53
d. Duolingo minimum standard score is 50